Monday, October 15, 2007

Spider Hoe, spider excavator, walking evcavator






























Hello,
Welcome to my blog. I decided to write this about Spider Excavators because I own two of them and I think they are about the only machine that is virtually unlimited. The only thing that limits these machines is the operator. One of my machines is a 1996 Schaeff HS41M with 1018 hours on it and the other one is a 2001 Schaeff HS41M with 2300 hours on it.

The reason I bought these machines was because I have some very steep properties that are a natural 2:1 slope. Some parts are a lot steeper and some aren't quite so steep. A conventional excavator or rubber tired hoe would not do it and the spider excavator is perfect for very steep terrain. They are capable of working on a 100% slope or a 1:1 slope ratio and in 5 feet of water without any assistance. They are the ultimate all terrain excavator, and they are also known as walking excavators, spider hoe, and super hoe. Shaeff sold out to Terrex a couple years ago and they quit building the HS41M and the HS41MM. Now they sell the Kaiser S1 and S2 and they seem to be pretty good machines, but they are expensive. Menzi Much also has some walking excavators that they sell but I don't know that much about them. Euromach is another manufacturer of the Spider Excavator and they seem to have a lot more variety in sizes. They have a couple of mini Walking Excavators but I haven't had the chance to run any of them yet.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I operate a Menzi Muck 5000T2 which is a 10 ton machine with a 27' reach. Mine has the ability to walk and has 3 wheels for transport and kinds looks like a big three wheeler when I move it. I use it on very steep river bank slopes for rip rapping, brush clearing and pond clean out jobs. The Menzi are built in Switzerland one at a time and they turn out less than a hundred per year. Each one hand built. Very strong well enginneered machines. The extenda-hoe is capable of pulling or pushing over 25,000# and is capable of lifting 6 tons or better. A lot of folks think they are a one trick pony but we use them in the same context as regular backhoes and excavators and we mount a 8 ft. grading blade for ditching and final grades. Being boom mounted the blade can grade steep slopes better than any Dozer ever can. We mounted a Klac coupler system so we can swap tools in less than a minute. We have a Hookup adaptor that allows us to mount any skid steer tools on the boom and find that landscpae rakes, flail mowers and grapples can be pretty handy.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hey is this your old machine?
2001 Schaeff HS41M Walking Excavator S/N 1410161-
It's for sale in GA. and I was wondering about it's operating condition? Now that Schaeff is no longer making them (thanks to Terex gobbling up Schaeff) was it hard to find parts? Does Terex still support the HS41M's?

Tara Omar said...

I am Tara Omar, currently living in Belarus . I am a widow at the moment with Four kids and I was stuck in a financial situation due to world pandemic and I needed to refinance and pay my bills. I tried seeking loans from various loan firms both private and corporate but never with success, and most banks declined my credit. But as God would have it, I was introduced to a man of God a loan officer working with group of investors who are willing to finance any project at the rate of 2% rate in return Mr Benjamin Lee gave me a loan of 150,000.00 USD and today am a business owner and my kids are doing well at the moment, if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan without stress , no credit check, no co signer with just 2% interest rate and better repayment plans and schedule, please contact Mrs Benjamin Lee (247officedept@gmail.com). He doesn't know that I am doing this but am so happy now and I decided to let people know more about him and also I want God to bless him more. You can contact him through his whats-App : + 1-989-394-3740 .   .